Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Mittens-First 2007 FO!


Started: 23Dec06
Finished: 07Jan07
Pattern: Family Circle Easy Knitting, Fall 2005
Needles: Sz 6 Clover bamboo
Yarn: Sunshine Yarns, Neapolitan. Won in a blog contest from Laura around a year ago!

I had been itching to make some mittens and realized that some stash yarn would coordinate well with my Wavy. I loved making these! Quick and fun. However they are better suited for 30° days than 10° days plus windchill. Brrr!

In other news, here's my biggest project of 2007:

We are the proud owners of a hole in the ground! Now if we can just sell our condo before the house is done, I'll be a happy woman. Wahoo!!

4 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Fab mittens! Reminds me that I, too, have a skein won from Laura that has yet to be knit. . .
Congrats on the hole in the ground! :)

12:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are really extra nice mitties. Of course in such cold weather fashion comes in lower down. Speaking of lower down, congratulations on the hole in the ground. Where is it? Your condo has to sell sometime. If I were rich I'd buy it and we could all gather for knitting sleepovers for 1st Sunday knitting. If I were rich. Thanks for leaving comments on my blog. They make me happy.

9:50 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Oh cool! How fun to see the yarn I sent you as an FO! Mittens--what a perfect project for that yarn. They are so cute!

Congratulations on owning a hole in the ground, that's so exciting! :)

8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute! The hole is impressive. I hope things are going well with selling the condo - I'm sure things will move as the seasons change. Where's the hole located? How far away from the city did you end up? (I still love that place, even though it's cold!)

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home