Monday, October 23, 2006

GASP

Last night I was crusing along on Ene, thinking it was possible for me to get through Chart 2, not just Chart 1 over the weekend. I was enjoying the mental break that is Chart 2. Then terror struck as I pushed my bunched up stitches down onto the cable and the cable popped out of its join.

GASP.

I froze.

I very gently put Ene down and walked away. Took a few deep breaths. Found some sock yarn and prayed that I was going to be able to catch the 30+ live stitches that were now hanging in midair. If not, I was going to have a meltdown.

Thankfully I was able to rescue the stitches. Whew! I shudder to think what would have happened a few rows earlier when I was doing YOs.

I emailed Knitpicks, hoping that they will replace it. I found a couple of other blog posts out there about the same thing happening to other people.

[I wanted to take a picture, but my husband has the camera and he is 250 miles away.]

Speaking of my husband, he let me know last night that his feet are cold and where are the new slippers I promised? Whoops. Better get on that.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

I'm so glad you could grab those stitches. EEK! What a fright. I've heard that Knit Picks is making good on the bad joins. I hope they send you something fast.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

AAAAAHHHHH!!!

That's just scary. And I was about to tell you that Ene is looking good. Yikes. Hope that needle comes quickly.

7:41 AM  
Blogger msubulldog said...

Yikes!!! Glad you were able to recover those. I hadn't heard about that happening with the KnitPicks needles. Scary.
Thanks for the congratulatory remarks on my blog, by the way! I hope my energy comes back soon, too! :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

GASP! is right. This happened to me once on that big heavy sweater that I was working on the time I came to Sunday Knitting. (BTW, it's still not done and it isn't getting any lighter. Teaches me to think that everything that CAN be knit in the round should be knit in the round.) I' glad you rescued it. Kind of makes you think about adding lots more lifelines.

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home