Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Fun with friends, aka Bookburning



Last weekend I gathered with some friends to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the start of graduate school. The four of us hit it off immediately (easy to do when you are forced to spend HOURS together studying, drinking, teaching, studying...). Two hit it off so well they eventually got married.

Graduate school in chemistry is no picnic, especially when you are "required" to purchase $105 books that you will never use. We were young and naive. Selling the book back to the bookstore at the end of the quarter would have gotten me about $7, if I remember correctly. All four of us kept this particular book. Last Saturday, one copy went up in flames.

The title? Theromodynamics. Appropriate, don't you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Excellent photo! I had to bristle until I read the story behind the burning.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

I like the photo! It's great to see those friends from grad school. It really is a bonding experience (covalent, divalent or otherwise - HA HA HA - sorry, couldn't resist).

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home