Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Socktoberfest: The Sanity-Saving Sock

Last weekend I went with my in-laws to see "Wicked" in Chicago. It was fabulous! If you get a chance to see it, GO! I always liked the Wizard of Oz; as a kid, the yearly showing of the Wizard of Oz on TV was a Big Event.

I had to drive by myself from the cities to Madison, which is a long, long drive. Luckily I got to ride from Madison to Chicago and my Trekking sock was along for the ride. We were stuck in traffic for a LOOOOONG time and my five traveling companions all were on the verge of a meltdown, but I just kept knitting away, unaware that anything unpleasant was going on. Happy Socktoberfest!



When I got back, this was in my mailbox! I won a comment contest over at Bulldog Knits on my birthday. I've been reading Amanda's blog since I joined the Cover Your Head Knitalong last fall. You can see the M&M package did not stay intact long enough for the photo-M&Ms are my favorite, and I've never tried the dark chocolate ones before. YUMMY! And look at those adorable stitch markers and bulldog card! Thanks, Amanda, and happy birthday to you!


Coming soon: Chicago photos and progress pics

2 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

You are so welcome--and thanks for the birthday wishes. :) (there's a more complete email coming your way)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

loooove your stitch markers! amanda rocks. :)

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home