Tuesday, September 05, 2006

On Another Planet

HELLO!!! It's been hard for me to be away from blogging for so long...I have a lot of catching up to do. I've missed keeping up with the World of Knitting. I moved into our apartment on Friday after 3 weeks in the extended stay. THANK GOD. I can start making a home again. Most of my stuff in still at the condo, but I have enough to get by. However, I think sleeping on the air bed is going to get old really fast. At least I have a phone, internet and Tivo again. Woo hoo!

Things are great here. Although I have a few issues, like getting the husband here for longer than a weekend, selling the condo, and finding a "real" place to live, overall, I've had a great month. I'm feeling really positive about my job. I'm not doing much yet, but that's OK. It's like being on a different planet from my old job. There are people who have been working here for over five years and they are still happy! What a concept! Five years at my old job was pure torture and many people were eaten alive. Nothing against my old company, that's just the nature of the business. Here we have free food practically every time you turn around. Consequently, I have taken up running again (I'm a great walker but very bad runner), with the goal of running the company race at the end of next month. There are many trails here and I'm looking forward to exploring them.

So...my knitting. Here's a shot of my finished "ugly Trekking" sock. It's starting to grow on me.

I worked on this sock while at the LYS which was DANGEROUSLY close to the hotel where I was staying. But it's even closer to my apartment!!!! AAAAAH! I can be there in less than 5 minutes, on foot. And that's not even running! This could be dangerous. However, they also have food and drinks there so I can go there to knit and not have to buy yarn. I've gone twice so far and want to try to go once a week or so. I'm hoping to find a group of people to knit with because I miss my old knitting friends!

Coming soon, two FOs and more regular posting!

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Well, I like the sock!

I'm glad you're settling in and that the new job is nicer than the old. Stay in touch!

8:10 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

It really sounds like things are going much better, and that it's a good fit. Isn't it nice to enjoy going to work?

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home