Monday, July 03, 2006

Sew? I Knit! Shirt



Pattern: McCall's 3662, view C
Fabric: 100% cotton from Hancock Fabrics
Started: 16 June 2006
Finished: 18 June 2006

This was a quick and easy pattern. My only problem was that the sizing was too big. There was way too much ease for my taste so I took in each side roughly an inch. Note to self: don't just look at the bust size, also look at the finished size!

For anyone keeping track, this is the less wild of the two fabrics (I tend to wear only solid colors) I picked for shirts for the sewalong. I have until the 15th to get the other one done if I want to meet the deadline. I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. I'm not really motivated to sew at the moment. Or maybe the fabric is scaring me. I'm not quite sure what I was thinking when I bought it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

That turned out fine.

There's a lot of ease in the pattern for a couple of reasons. One is that those kind of loose unfitted sleeves tend to need a more ease to work right. Generally a woven garment without darts will have a huge amount of ease to allow the wearer to move. But also, a lot of sewing patterns do tend to run large.

8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home