Wednesday, June 14, 2006

A Shocking Discovery

I was trying to do a little cleaning in my sewing area and came across a poor neglected quilt project. I had started it in 2000, before I got my sewing machine. I had planned on finishing the applique by hand, then finishing the quilt once I got the machine. Of course I was easily dazzled by new projects and moved on. I was half done with the last applique block and all the pieces were cut, yet I just never got around to working on it. When I came across it the other day, I was overcome with the desire to finish the top, even though I don't like it as much as when I started it!



Of course it will probably take me another 6 years to actually do the quilting, but at least I made some progress. My husband used to call me a "quilt topper" rather than a quilter.

The problem I have with quilting is that by the time I finish the quilt, or see it languishing in a pile, I really don't like it anymore. My taste in colors or patterns changes more quickly than I can finish most projects. Oh well!

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

It's cute! You could always pay someone to do the quilting for you. Or find a quilter who doesn't like to piece and swap?

If you no longer like them by the time they're done, why not give to good friend or family member who will appreciate what you've done?

7:56 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

That's really pretty! I admire you quilters. Anything that involves irrevocable cutting makes me a little anxious! :)

12:45 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

I agree, it is cute!

Oh, and you are such an enabler. You do realize I work within throwing distance of that particular store you mentioned...

8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home