Thursday, April 20, 2006

Loved to Death

I made some slippers for my husband in November or December 2004 from the book Knitting Pretty. I think they were my first non-scarf project.

A few weeks ago, they started disintegrating, however, he continues to wear them, and they now look like this:



Clearly, he needs a replacement pair. I don’t know if I should whip out some new ones with the same pattern or if I should hunt for something different. I also don’t know what kind of yarn to use that might last longer. These were made of Lion Brand Wool-Ease (chunky, I think).

I've been working late all week and don't feel like taking any new pictures to show all of the things I've been working on lately, so you'll just have to read about them.

- The Not Cashmere Sweater is unloved and untouched.
- Rose is coming along, but slowly. I hope to finish in a couple of weeks.
- I finished the heel on Spey Valley Sock #1 and am trying not to work on the sock since it will be a good project for the next time I go to knitting group.
- I am halfway done with an Easter cross stitch pattern I started last Friday. I was hoping to finish over the long Easter weekend but got distracted by my sock.

The new Interweave preview is up. I am really looking forward to seeing the magazine. I could see myself wearing a few of the shirts, and they look like interesting knits.

1 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

Whoa! I initially thought those were the ankle openings--and then realized those were the bottom of the slippers! Quite a compliment, I suppose, that he wears them so much. :)

I really don't know what yarn would last longer. I would have thought that the arcylic in Wool Ease would make it very sturdy . . . Maybe you could sew some leather soles to the bottom? I've seen some sold online & in various yarn stores. Not sure of cost, though.

Off to check out the IK preview!

7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home