Tuesday, March 28, 2006

There is knitting going on around here

There is knitting going on, but it is not terribly exciting. Want to hear the latest on my Not Cashmere Sweater? I was ready to seam the arms. I started by just sewing them up, but didn’t like how bulky the seam was after about 2 inches. So then I decided I would kitchener them as the pattern suggests. This involves picking up ~120 stitches and kitchenering them together. For. Each. Sleeve. I was concentrating so hard on actually performing the grafting that I completely missed the fact that they are completely different! (I must have picked up the stitches on different sides.) Argh! Seriously, what else can go wrong with this sweater? I’m so ready to just throw the *&^% thing into a deep corner of my closet and never see it again. The husband even told me not to work on it anymore, but I really want to finish the stupid thing. I’ve put too much time into it, and I think that I will actually wear it once it’s done. If it EVER gets done.


Awhile back my grandma was on a Bernat Boa scarf kick and made at least 20 of them. My mom picked out this yarn, but my grandma didn’t get around to making the scarf before her health got too bad to knit. So I decided that I needed to make the scarf for her, despite the fact that I knew I was not going to be happy with the yarn.

Mom's Scarf
Started: 18March2006
Finished: 24March2006
Bernat Boa, 2 balls
US 9 needles

I've been working on Rose, and brought her to Last Saturday Knitting. I'm almost to the point of dividing for the front and back. I'm planning on raising the V-neck, so I'm not sure how that's going to go, but I know it can be done.


Yesterday I went to a quilt show. I'll post a few pictures later this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Hmm. I see why you got frustrated. Put it aside for a little while. It's going to be a nice sweater when you finish it to your satisfaction, though.

I liked your fabric choices for your bag.

7:51 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I agree with Terby. If you set it aside for just a bit you might be able to go back to it and finish it in one big push. And it will be really nice when it's done!

I LOVE the lace pattern on the bottom of that sweater. Where did the pattern come from?

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home