Saturday, March 04, 2006

Busy

Unfortunately I have not been very busy on the knitting front. I was out of town the past two weekends. I saw my grandma for awhile each weekend. She's in the hospital, but doing a little bit better. She'll be moving to a nursing home as soon as space is available. I was able to see a couple of my friends for a few hours last weekend-it wasn't the full Girl's Weekend we had been planning, but it was still fun. I've also been working on a secret non-craft project for awhile this week. Today I had planned on going to First Saturday Knitting, but I developed a severe tickle in my left nostril and have been bonding with a box of Kleenex all morning. It doesn't feel like I have a cold, but there is something wrong and I'm really annoyed by it.

Kathy left me a couple of comments to address. I did knit the regular size Jaywalkers. I started with the larger size, but decided it was Way Too Big after an inch or so. I have size 9 1/2 feet, normal width. The socks are a slight challenge to get over the heel, but they fit.

She also requested a non-undulating picture of my UFO quilt. Here you go!


My sewing machine is still in the shop. I'm running out of time for my Sew? I Knit! skirt. I might cut the fabric tomorrow so that I'm ready when my machine returns.

I started the Whitby sock last weekend. In a totally boneheaded move, I knit with sock yarn rather than the heavier weight yarn the pattern called for. Although I thought it didn't look quite right, and I didn't bother to actually read the yarn requirement carefully, I continued to knit on for about 5 inches. It's painful to discuss.

I started on Rose (the sleeved version of Knitty's Soleil, which I am too lazy to link right now) a couple of days ago. It's moving along great. The lace pattern has not caused me any stress so far. However, my computer has caused me stress today and crashed in the middle of uploading the photo. So I present the finished Christmas Rose Bag instead.


Christmas Rose Bag from Handknit Holidays

Started: 12Feb2006

Finished: 23Feb2006

Yarn: Plymouth Galway 100% wool

Needles: 16" Addi Turbo, sz US 8 for bag, Clover bamboo DPNs, sz 7 for miles of I-cord

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Nice job on the fair isle bag. You're definitely ready to move on to a bigger FI project!

That quilt is just lovely.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

The bag looks great.

Rose is a neat pattern - I've thought about that one too. I started Soleil at one time, then realized I wouldn't wear it and stopped. But I thought the lace was fun.

Stay well. Nasty stuff is making the rounds.

10:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. The Christmas rose bag is gorgeous. And look at how even and relaxed your I-cord is!

5:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for putting up the pic of the quilt. It's quite yummy. Takes me back to my quilting days. (Trying to tune out the sarcastic comments coming from the unpieced pieces of a certain rainbow strip quilt stuffed into a satchel upstairs) I've been worried you might drop knitting and go back to your ex, but judging from all your new knitting projects, you may be polygamous. sp?

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home