Monday, January 30, 2006

Not Cashmere Sweater Progress

Here are a couple of progress photos of my “Not Cashmere” Sweater from Weekend Knitting. As I’ve said before, the construction is a little bizarre compared to most sweaters. This photo shows the collar in progress. You knit to the middle, then knit the collar on a smaller circ, then resume knitting the sleeves and back. I had to bind off the collar LOOSELY with sz 17 needles! The first photo is a decent representation of the color.

I worked on this sweater at Last Saturday Knitting last weekend. [There were five of us there, which is a good number to maintain conversation as well as a reasonable amount of concentration. Rebecca was even making a fair isle hat, which was quite impressive.] I’m at the point where I need to start decreasing then casting off the sleeves. Once that’s done it should go pretty quickly since I already have the rectangle done for the mid-back, and once that’s attached, there are just a few inches of easy stockinette to go. I should be done this month.

I realized last night that I had no FO’s for January. I also didn’t get anywhere on making the Baby Uggs for my friends’ baby due February 17th. In a fit of panic, I cast on for the first one last night and got about half way through it. I hope to get them done this weekend.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

That is some wacky construction!
As usual, we're on a similar page. I have baby Uggs waiting to be knit as well.

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home