Thursday, January 12, 2006

This, my friends, is the kind of day I had...

Today was a particularly ugly day at work.

DH and I don't have much alcohol in the house. We have a bottle of vodka and a bottle of amaretto, which are used only for penne alla vodka and chocolate amaretto layer cake, respectively. I do have a bottle of margaritas in the fridge, but it doesn't get much use. I usually only break it out on Friday afternoons in the summer. Nothing like a margarita on the porch after a week of work. However, since it's January, you can infer that the margarita is not a result of the completion of a week of work and a celebration of summer. It's the marker of the survival of a tough day.

As part of my ugly day at work, I had to sit through a 3 1/2 hour meeting. Too bad I couldn't have worked on this...

I was making decent progress on my Jaywalker until last night when I had to watch 2 hours of LOST. I simply cannot knit during that show.

Laura asked what yarn I was using. It's Lana Grossa Meilenweit Multiringel, color 5080. She's also working on some Jaywalkers right now. Isn't everyone? :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Bad day, but good photos! That margarita looks lush. I'm NOT knitting a Jaywalker currently, but that's only because I'm not sure what yarn I'd consider using for it...

Cheers! Go enjoy your sock. Tomorrow will be better.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Sorry it was a rough day. I'm not doing the Jaywalkers, either, but it's a cool looking pattern.

Let's hope tomorrow will be better!

11:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That margarita looks yummy and so does the Jaywalker. I'm pleased you're using the yarn! I'm not knitting Jaywalkers either, but now that I have 3 plain/ribbed pairs of socks under my belt (and some pretty large jeans) I would like to try something more patterned and am considering them, but there are so many to choose from!

Kathy

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home