Tuesday, December 20, 2005

FO: Rib and Cable Socks

Here they are in all their glory.

Rib and Cable Socks, Interweave Knits, Fall 2005.
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot
Needles: Sz 2 DPNs

This was my first attempt at cables. Partway through the second sock I tried cabling without a cable needle. It was a little tricky trying to pick up the teeny weeny loops from this somewhat splitty yarn, but I think it was a little faster than using a needle. I can see it being a huge time advantage when using thicker yarn.

Now I'm working on my Not Cashmere Sweater from Weekend Knitting. I've completed the two center panels and am starting to add the arms for the front. To do that, you pick up stitches from the center panel, then cast on stitches at the beginning of the next several rows. A little weird, but definitely interesting.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Those socks look great! I like the color of your not cashmere sweater a lot. I'll be interested in seeing how it works - I've never seen sleeves done that way before.

8:34 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

Ooh, I like your Rib and Cable socks! I am working on that pattern now, in some handpainted merino. I love that pattern. Just easy enough to be relaxing, without being boring.

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home