Saturday, November 12, 2005

Saturday Updates

It's really hard to get a decent photo around here anymore. I hate that it gets dark so early. Our place doesn't get much light to begin with.

Sitcom Chic is almost done! I knit one side band on last night and hope to get to the rest today. The band really stops the curling.


Rib and Cable sock #1 is still sitting there, doing nothing.

Here is the baby hat I finished on Sunday. I don't know who I will give it to yet, but it's always nice to have a few extra on hand as gifts. I have joined the Cover Your Head Knitalong (see sidebar). Basic Cable from SnB Nation is next.

I also joined the Scarf Style/Wrap Style knitalong. I wanted to make Midwest Moonlight for my mom for Christmas, but the 50% off yarn I bought (Cascade Elite Miracle, 50% alpaca, 50% tencel) just isn't looking right. I frogged my first attempt because it was too wide, so I cut off a repeat and this is the result. I may frog again and turn this into a Branching Out or Misty Garden.

I just picked up this cross stitch piece from the framer this morning. It's a gift for my grandma's birthday at the end of the month. She collects turkeys. This picture looks rather horrid for some reason. I assure you, it looks nice in real life.

1 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Midwest Moonlight doesn't look bad from the photo - it does improve as it gets farther along, I think. Something about the weight of the fabric and so on.

I absolutely adore the turkey - that's cute. Have you been to Lynn's on Odana? She has some very cool cross stich there.

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home