Saturday, October 29, 2005

Exciting Day

This morning I spent about 3 hours knitting with Elizabeth and Terri (sorry, I am not up to speed on linking yet, but I think they both have blogs), both from the knittyboards. It's so nice to be able to talk with other knitters! The time flew by. I made serious progress on my Rib and Cable Sock #1. All I have left is the toe! Terri is also participating in the holiday SP round and she said that she got her match-I wanted to rush home and check my email.

My holiday SP stopped by! Yay! Hello to you!

I got my holiday SP match! I already checked out her blog and I think we're a great match. There is one thing in particular that really got me excited! I'm going to keep quiet about it though, just in case I would give it away and I suppose there is a VERY slim chance she may stop by my blog. I need to get something ready to put in the mail on Monday.

Here's a little something I picked up at the LYS yesterday. The owner is taking a break and pretty much all of the yarn is 50% off! This was my third trip to the store since I found out about the sale. I got some green tweedy sock yarn (color doesn't show up the best here) and some white yarn with bluish/gray specks. I think they will both be good for some of the patterns in Knitting on the Road and Sensational Knitted Socks.
OK, I think I'm going to head out to the yarn store (two days in a row-yikes) to pick out something for my SP.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

Hi Jenny-

Glad you came out on Saturday. It was nice to meet you, and I hope you come back again! I like your hourglass sweater a lot. LMKG stays on my perpetual list of books to pick up.

10:04 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

I see you have a blog now, too! I'll go make your name link here in my post. (It's real easy to do: I'll send an email with the gist of it.)

I hope we'll see you in December, if not November.

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Holiday Secret Pal,

I didn't send you a card yet. Sorry, sorry, sorry. I promise I'll be good to you. I have a very special card that I've been saving a long time. I put it in a very safe place. Any ideas where that might be?

Signed, Your Ditzy Secret Pal

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home