Saturday, November 05, 2005

Books, Books, Books

I went to Joann’s on Monday, 40% off coupon in hand, to look for a specific item for my Holiday SP. I was browsing in the book section and this is what I found, with the rather frightening dust cover already removed:
I know I absolutely do not need any more knitting books. I already have enough projects to keep me busy for years. Plus I always find a couple of things I’d like to make from every Knitty issue. Do I need any more temptation? But. It’s. Just. So. Pretty. And only $15! (I must mention that I did not find the item I was looking to get for my SP. Which meant the coupon was all for me!) I really like some of the hats in this book. The 2 color candy cane hat looks like a good way to try out a new technique. I also really like the ear flap hat for some reason. I really want to make myself a hat from a luscious chunky yarn. And I like the 2 color patterned bags.

Let’s visit my knitting library.
Knitting Pretty. One of my first books. Another 40% off Joann coupon. I’ve made the Company Dishcloth and a pair of slippers from this book. Not one of my favorites, but it’s good for beginners because the patterns don’t have many abbreviations. Not all of the patterns have pictures of the finished product, and that is pretty annoying.

SnB and SnB Nation. SnB has such clear instructions and it’s easy to read. What more can I say? Lots of helpful tips. I’ve made numerous Umbilical Cord hats and a chunky scarf. I have the yarn for the Basic Cable hat and will start that soon.

Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I’ve made the hourglass sweater (love it!). I drool over just about everything else.

Weekend Knitting. I have the yarn for a flower petal washcloth for my cousin. Haven’t started it yet. Yet another book I just love to look at. I have the (non-cashmere) yarn for the cashmere sweater. I should work on that after Sitcom Chic is done. I would love to make a pair of wrist warmers using the Cash Iroha-I drooled over that yarn for the hourglass sweater, but I couldn’t justify the cost. I think I (or maybe my SP?) could handle buying one skein for a pair of wrist warmers, though!

Scarf Style. I have the yarn to make Midwest Moonlight for my mom for Christmas. Better get going on that. Someday I’d like to do Ene’s Scarf as my first big lace project.

At Knit's End. I am savoring this and reading only a few pages at a time.

Knitting on the Road and Sensational Knitted Socks. I haven’t knitted anything from these yet and don’t have a specific pattern in mind yet. I’m just addicted to sock patterns and yarn for some reason. Must finish Rib and Cable Socks first.

I love to talk about books and patterns and dream about everything I would knit if I didn’t work, eat, or sleep.

4 Comments:

Blogger cmeknit said...

Come one now...what is the harm with more knitting books! I can't even tell you how many books I have...it is sinful!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

No, the number of books I have is positively sinful! It is silly. But I love to look at them, and they are really inspiring! You have all my favorites: I really love Weekend Knitting and Handknit Holidays.

9:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That cash iroha has such pretty colors. I wonder what color you'd get?

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

p.s. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that yarn you're using for the Rib & Cable socks. My name is Jenny, and I'm a yarnaholic

8:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home