Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The To Do List Grows

Somebody please stop me. Can I put some kind of parental controls on my computer so I can stop getting sucked into other people’s cool projects? As a result of Sew? I Knit! I’ve been looking at some blogs with sewing content lately and I really think I need to make some of these Pointy Kitties. There’s a bunny pattern coming out soon, too. Seems like a good way to use some of my fabric stash and make some quick little gifts. And don't even get me started on the great bags that people make. Must. Not. Look. (I DO need a lovely knitting bag though...)

Then there’s this sweater. I saw it on someone’s blog a couple of weeks ago and rushed out to Michael’s to get the VK issue. This may be the “complicated” sweater I’ve been searching for.
Kathy asked a couple of questions about my UFO quilt. It’s made of 2 inch squares (not 1 inch!), but it’s strip pieced (sew long 2 inch strips together and then cut those into strips and sew into blocks) so I did not do any sewing of individual squares. I agree with you on the ironing…it’s a big pain, especially when the pieces get big. The quilt is a wall hanging or smaller throw. I do not have the courage or strength to try to quilt a bed size quilt on my machine…as evidenced by the fact that I have completed twin and full size quilt tops languishing away in the corner of our sewing room/office/spare bedroom/junk room. Finding someone to quilt them for me is on my To Do List for this year.

I'm still working on my miles of I-cord, still pretending my Not Cashmere Sweater doesn't exist, and I'm fighting the urge to cast on for some socks...I think they will be Whitby from Knitting on the Road.

3 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

The bags are what get me. I have come so close to buying a sewing machine because of those bags. I haven't sewn for well over 10 years, and the machine I learned on was so old it didn't have a buttonhole attachment. I think I'd just go nuts if I got one now. People have amazing fabric stashes. Oh, if there were only more hours in the day.

8:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jenny, that sweater would look wonderful on you. I'd like to see a little more color, though. Not much, maybe a watery blue or aqua. Now, back to the quilt . . . it's beautiful all crumpled up and undulant in the pictures, but I'd love to see a full shot so I could revel in the color changes. Please?

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

RE: miles of I-Cord. I am working dazzlingly hard on an adaptation to the hand-cranking knitting machine to be able to quickly and easily make I-Cord with heavier than sport weight yarns. Do not save all your I-Cord until it is ready, though. This work, so integral to knittingkind, is still only in my mind.

11:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home