Monday, February 13, 2006

Alien Abduction

Here's the UFO:


I think this was started in 2001 or 2002.

My sewing machine has been abducted by aliens, but it should be back in a couple of weeks.

I’ve been inspired by sew? i knit! Perfect for knitters like me who have been neglecting their sewing machines. Since I started knitting I have touched my machine long enough to sew some borders on cross stitch fabric so it will fit into my stitching frame as well as a couple of frustrating Saturdays working on this UFO. I'm about a third done with the free motion quilting. My thread kept breaking so I got ticked off and abandoned my project again. Sew? I knit! has inspired me to get back at the machine.

I bought a pattern and fabric for some flannel lounge pants a zillion years ago and never got around to making them. I've never sewed a garment before, so the sew along will be a great way to learn some new skills.

I called the sewing machine place and got myself set up for a tune up. The woman I talked to recommended a tune up every couple of years…whoops, it’s been 5 for my poor, neglected machine. I think it’s angry at me for not touching it for over a year. I’m hoping it’s going to work like a charm once it gets back in 2 weeks and I will be able to finish my quilt and sew one of these skirts for the sew-along.

I am hoping to make a skirt to wear with this:

4 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous gorgeous quilt! If you can do that, you can certainly make a garment!

Bring that quilt along some Saturday: I really want to see it in person.

9:03 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Wow! I didn't know you could do that. Please do bring the quilt - it's amazing!

2:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilting on there. Is it a bed quilt or some sort of wall art?

12:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My god! Are those 1 inch squares?The cutting, kinda fun. The piecing, not horrid. BUT THE IRONING!!!! I have to go lay down now.

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home