Saturday, February 04, 2006

Thanks, Laura!

I went to First Saturday Knitting this morning. When I left my house, the roads were wet and it was snowing ever so slightly. Halfway to the yarn store, it started blizzarding and I was questioning my sanity going out in that kind of weather. Linda arrived about 10 minutes later than I did and she had seen two accidents on her way there on the same route that I had driven.

I brought my Jaywalker, against my better judgement. I knitted away for over an hour then messed up. I decided to stop and shop for yarn instead. I picked up some wool for my first fair isle project, the Christmas Rose bag from Handknit Holidays. Or if I decide to do the tree bag instead, this yarn will work for that, too.

When I got home, I fixed the problem spot, but then realized that I just couldn't live with the hole created when I picked up stitches on one side. So I ripped it out and now I'm back to where I was last night.

I was feeling pretty bummed about wasting all that time. So I decided to console myself with some blog reading. I squealed with delight when I found out I won a skein of worsted yarn in a blog contest from Laura. Laura is a cohost of the Cover Your Head KAL, and I've been reading her blog for awhile now. The yarn is from Sunshine Yarns, which is so great because I've been reading Dani's blog, Knitting Sunshine, for months! I've always admired Dani's hand dyed yarns. Thanks, Laura! I don't even feel bad about my Jaywalker anymore!

2 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

I like what I've seen from Handknit Holidays. I still have it on my wishlist. What you think of the Galway? I haven't tried it, but it's caught my eye a few times. Sorry I missed the group today, I just couldn't get going this morning.

3:03 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Yay! I'm so glad I helped you through your Jaywalker blues. Foe a relatively simple pattern, it sure does seem to give people fits. Myself included!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home