Monday, April 10, 2006

Falling behind on my stories

Two Sundays ago we went out for a late lunch. The woman in the next booth was knitting! I think this was the first time I had ever seen anyone KIPing other than as part of a knitting group or at a yarn store, where it is expected. I couldn’t tell what she was working on. Her husband was wearing a very nice sweater, and I wondered if she made it.

First Saturday Knitting this month was a festival of sugar-I brought cookies, someone brought banana bread, and someone else brought cupcakes with inch-thick frosting. Perhaps it was the sugar that destroyed my willpower. Despite a warning from one of my loyal blog readers that the yarn was "squeaky" or "slippery" or some other "s" word, I had to bring home a skein of Cherry Tree Hill sock yarn. It had been calling out to me since January. I just love the rich brown colors and I’ll be able to wear the socks with almost anything. I started (three times, don't ask!) the Spey Valley socks from Knitting on the Road, as seen in my previous post. My first socks on size 0 needles! Yipes! They are actually coming along pretty well. I'm about 2 inches away from starting the heel.

Rose is moving along again, after doing some serious thinking.

I’ve been having thoughts about frogging the Not Cashmere Sweater. However, I’m going to wait for awhile and make sure that’s what I really want to do. I don’t want to do anything I’ll regret later. Other times I feel like I should just suck it up and work on it and get it done. Maybe I should just ignore it until fall.

The new knitty is up, but nothing is really speaking to me. That's good, since I have plenty of other things to keep me busy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home