Monday, May 08, 2006

Not one, but TWO FO's

I've been in a bit of a knitting slump lately. I can't seem to do anything too challenging (i.e. something that needs to fit) these days, so I've been working on quick, confidence-building projects.



Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
2 balls Noro Kureyon, Color 170,
US 9 needles
Started: 27 April 2006
Finished: 03 May 2006

I am thinking about giving this scarf to my cousin for Christmas. She's 12. Do you think she will like it? I'm not sure if a 12-year-old would think this scarf is ugly and/or would never wear something handmade. What do you think?

I found a partial ball of kitchen cotton in my stash and wondered if I could get another dishcloth out of it. And would my hands feel the pain of 100% cotton like last time, or have I learned how to knit without "cotton pain"? I worked on this over two nights and am happy to report that I am pain free! Bring on the dishcloths!


Stripes from Knit Dishcloth Sampler
Lily Sugar 'n Cream, partial ball, color: shaded denim
US sz 8 Addi Turbos
Started: 04 May 2006
Finished: 05 May 2006

And, just because, a tulip for spring:


Edited to correct the date, because it was irritating me. I uploaded the tulip photo several days before completing the post. :)

6 Comments:

Blogger msubulldog said...

I think the scarf is great! (Is it brioche stitch?) I would hope your cousin would love it and be proud to wear it. But you can never predict a 12-year-old. :) Maybe ask her mom/dad?

5:39 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Wonderful tulip!

The scarf is beautiful. I can't tell you about the 12 yr old: such a lot of variation. If she's totally plugged into the style of the moment and hankers for status items with the brand name plastered all over, I'd suggest giving it to someone more likely to appreciate it. But if she's more of an individual and sets her own style agenda and doesn't give two hoots if the right tag is sewn into or on something, then it seems like a good idea.

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine any one not liking it, but who knows? Just make sure you wash it first because the Kureyon gets so much softer. I just completed one also but I used a different stitch pattern because I thought the rib would suck up too much yarn and I made for an adult. I like yours better. How did you get it done so fast???

Kathy Kathy Kathy

1:06 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Great scarf. That turns out really well. I think a 12 year old might find it pretty hip.

I understand the dishcloth thing. I've quietly been knitting a few. Sometimes it's nice to knit something that you know will work!

8:51 PM  
Blogger Heide said...

Your niece will love the homemade scarf. The bright colors will make it fun to wear and she'll be able to put it with lots because of the colors. I just read your poem on Terby Knits. That was great! You're sure to have new yarn winging its way to you from Terby. Happy knitting!

8:00 AM  
Blogger Laura said...

I've been doing dishcloths too, in spite of my bad history with 100% cotton. But I'm using slightly bigger needles (8s instead of 6s or 7s) and that has kept me pain-free as well!

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home