Thursday, April 27, 2006

Finally some photos

This is my friend's Branching Out. She picked out the pattern and color. I've been working on this during my "after breakfast knitting while listening to the news" period every morning. It's working out quite well since I only have time for about 6 rows so there is less chance for me to zone out and mess up. Note the absence of a lifeline. I hear that little voice in my head telling me I better get one soon...


Speaking of scarves, I plan on staring the Child's Rainbow Scarf from Last Minute Knitted Gifts soon. I think I'll give it to my cousin for Christmas. I picked up the yarn during my Easter travels at Yellow Dog Knitting. What a great store! They had a wide variety of yarn, but what really stood out was their friendliness. Seriously, I have never felt so at home in a store within five minutes of walking in the door. I hope to stop there again some time.



Here's the giant Rose I mentioned in my last post. Looks pretty good and close to be finished, except that there is about 12 inches of ease around the chest! (No, I will not model it, it's really awful.) I haven't been able to frog it yet. I'm just not emotionally ready.


And here's my sock I've been ignoring for over a week so I can take it to knitting group on Saturday, assuming I am able to go. I should be able to get close to the toe decreases then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Terby said...

BO looks good. I like that pattern a great deal. I'm contemplating making another as a gift for a friend, and also to play with laceweight yarn.

Sorry I won't get to see your sock in person tomorrow.

7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jenny,

I couldn't find your email address, so I hope you don't mind my responding in your comments. I just wanted to say thanks for your kind words! Quitting my job was a really hard decision to make, but only because I cared too much about what everyone else thought. I knew in my heart that the job wasn't right for me, but everyone else kept telling me I had the greatest job ever, so I kept trying to see it their way. Anyway, I've learned that at the end of the day, you just have to do what your gut tells you, and everyone else can just suck it, because they don't know what it's like to wake up every morning and be just plain miserable! Just my $0.02 ;)

Take care,
Parikha

9:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home