Thursday, July 13, 2006

TBD's Baby Hat and Knitting Progress


Children's Cotton Hat (Toddler Size)
from Last Minute Knitted Gifts
Started: 02 July 2006
Finished: 03 July 2006
Yarn: Mission Falls 1824 Cotton
Needles: Sz 7
This may replace the Umbilical Cord Hat as my quick baby hat pattern. It's just a little more interesting. It uses 2 stitch I-cord for the tie, which wasn't as annoying to make as 3 or more stitch I-cord. I've had this yarn for several months with this pattern in mind. I'm currently trying to knit up some of my stash. I don't know who this will be for, but it never hurts to have baby hats ready to go!


Oooh, what's this? A half finished sock? This is the "ugly" Trekking I've referred to before. I bought this yarn 30 seconds before taking a pretty much worthless sock class last summer. When I signed up for the class I asked if I should buy my supplies beforehand, and the clerk said no. I went to the class and had to pick out something with the teacher breathing down my neck. And she sold me some expensive US 2.5 needles to go with it. Hello? Does anybody use 2.5 for any kind of socks especially thin thin thin Trekking? I'm so much wiser now! Anyway, now that I have recovered from wasting money on the class, yarn I didn't love, and needles I'm not likely to ever use, I decided it was time to do something with the yarn. Simple stockinette so I can minimize the time spent with it. So far it's going well and I'm actually liking it. However, like my Jaywalkers, I'll have to be in a certain mood in order to wear these socks.


Yet another project with unloved yarn. I tried knitting a Midwest Moonlight scarf with this Crystal Palace Miracle (?) yarn last winter, and it just didn't work. I'm not sure I like this pattern with the yarn either. I have 3 skeins and I really don't what to do with it. Any suggestions?

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Cute little baby hat! But I have no suggestions for your troublesome yarns. Just let them stew longer or do a swap on knittyboard?

7:43 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

The hat is really cute! The trekking isn't too bad, but I can see how it isn't really you. Your FOs have been very nice lately.

Would combining the unloved yarn with another yarn make it more likable?

8:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home