Monday, September 18, 2006

Sweater Weather

Fall is upon us. It was hard for me to get out of bed this morning and drag myself to work. All I wanted to do today was sit on the couch (er, actually the camping chair, since I have no real furniture in the apartment), drink tea, watch movies, and K-N-I-T. I really love fall: apple orchards, pumpkins, apple crisp, eating oatmeal again, wearing clothes I haven't seen for months, fall colors, crunchy leaves, etc. Time for a new sweater!

Pattern: Unisex Knock-Around Cashmere Pullover, known here as the Not Cashmere Sweater, by Teva Durham in Weekend Knitting
Yarn: Cascade 128 Tweed, color 7625, 5 1/2 skeins, I think
Needles: sz 10.5 Addi Turbos
Started: 12 Dec 2005
Finished: 28 Aug 2006
Mods: None
Would I knit this again? Sure, if you gave me free cashmere and forced me to stay in an extended stay hotel with no other projects to work on until I finished it. Oh, and rewriting the pattern more clearly so my poor brain could comprehend it better wouldn't hurt.

The arms grew quite a bit upon blocking (my blocking skills aren't the greatest), but it's still a very wearable sweater. I just have some mental barriers to overcome before I can look at it without being annoyed. This was a very frustrating project for me-I was this close to frogging it. It was stuffed in a bag in the closet for months because I just couldn't bear to look at it.

Thanks for the birthday wishes! We spent most of the weekend looking at the Parade of Homes. It's just a little overwhelming to realize that what we want (3 BR single family home, a yard greater than 6 square inches, a basement, etc.) does not equate with what can afford without selling our souls. (Seriously, we looked at a house on a SLAB in tornado country-come ON people). Not to mention that our condo hasn't gotten any offers yet, my husband doesn't have a job here yet, blah blah blah.

OK, must go read blogs or knit before I work myself into a stress ball over the state of real estate in this country.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home