Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Happy New Year

Whew, it's been awhile. As usual, I'm behind on my posting! And blog reading. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays!

I went back to work today after a blissful week off. So nice. I rather enjoy sleeping 10 hours a night, relaxing, reading, knitting, and cross stitching without thinking about going to work!

Part of our journey to my inlaws for Christmas involved driving in a pretty bad snowstorm. I thought I was going to die (my husband drives like a maniac, but he's a maniac in control), so to calm myself, I started knitting a mitten in the dark. When we arrived at the house, the power was out. It stayed off for almost 36 hours. By the time the electricity came back on at 9AM on Christmas Eve, the house was a frigid 49.9°! Luckily my husband had his new slippers with him, which he wore over his socks to keep warm.



Pattern: Warm Slippers
Started: 23Oct2006
Finished: 04Nov2006
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool-Ease, one skein oxford gray and one skein denim

The mitten I started had to get frogged. Starting something like that in the dark isn't a good idea. I restarted the mitten while knitting with my husband's grandma before it got too cold for us to knit!

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Nothing makes for family togetherness like a day or two without electricity. Thank you for the slippers pattern. Whew! Glad you made it safely.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home