Thursday, November 02, 2006

Injured

On Monday I was screwing the cap on a glass sample vial at work. I wanted to make sure that I didn't lose any of my solution so I tightened it a bit more. SNAP! The top of the vial broke off and I got a 12 mm gash (yes, the nurse measured it) on the top knuckle of my right index finger. Someone had to take me to the clinic to get it checked out. It wasn't serious enough to get stitches, but I have some Steri-strips on it to make sure it doesn't split open.

I tried to knit a couple of rows on my husband's slippers, but it's just not working because I can't bend my finger. UGH! I'm still able to cross stitch though, so I'm working a little bit on that.

I have lots to show you, but I won't have the camera for at least a week. :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Oh, poor Jenny! I hope it heals quickly.

My last big hand gash, I got the superglue treatment. It was much better than stitches.

I hope there was nothing too nasty in the vial!!

9:29 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Owww!!! Glass cuts are the worst, too. They've got such nice clean edges. I hope you heal quickly.

Fun plans for the weekend?

10:10 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

Reminds me of this helpful little saying: Lefty loosey, righty tighty. We can add the corollary: Righty too tighty: Not too tidy.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home