Thursday, August 30, 2007

Baby's First Gift

Baby Z got his (yes, it’s a boy!) first gift in the mail. Isn’t it appropriate that it’s an adorable handknit sweater and hat? It was made by my in-laws next door neighbor. I discovered she was a knitter when I unveiled my FIL’s birthday gift at his party a couple of years ago.

One of my employees is going to have a baby any day. Of course I gave her a hat. It got high marks from her mom, a knitter visiting from Algeria . She was impressed that I knit it in the round. Maybe I need to give her a circular knitting lesson! If she only knew how wonderful it is! I also gave away another baby hat to a coworker a couple of weeks ago (2007 is a big year for babies in my department). My stash hats are dwindling, especially the boy or gender neutral ones. I don’t know anyone who has had a girl in over a year!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Awww. So cute.

8:57 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

That's cute!

How are you feeling? I hope you're having an easy and uneventful time.

6:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home