Saturday, March 17, 2007

Six months later, a finished Ene

It's been a long road. After casting on 375 stitches, messing up after the first couple of rows twice, casting on two more times, and running out of yarn, she is finally done! This is the crowning achievement of my knitting thus far, requiring far more concentration and perserverence than any other project.


Pattern: Ene's Scarf by Nancy Bush in Scarf Style
Started: 15Sep2006
Finished: 07Mar07 (off the needles), 11Mar07 (ends woven in)
Yarn: Blackberry Ridge Laceweight, 2.5 skeins, cream
Needles: Knitpicks Options, sz 6

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth said...

Just gorgeous. You'll have to get all dressed up this spring and wear it somewhere fancy. Just because.

3:10 PM  
Blogger Monika said...

your shawl turned out just beautiful and big! Lovely!

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ene is absolutely gorgeous! The Blackberry Ridge really does it justice. Ene is on my list; it's a lovely pattern, and you did a beautiful job. Congratulations!

4:43 PM  
Blogger Terby said...

Oh it looks gorgeous! It's huge, too! Congratulations on finishing that - I'm sure you're feeling very proud right now. I'm contemplating some Malabrigo laceweight to make one.

6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You really did a great job! All the work and time was worth it! Beautiful huge shawl to really show off!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

WOW! I bet it feels as nice as it looks. Worth all the trouble? Very proud to say that I knew you when.

4:32 PM  
Blogger Mindy said...

Just look at those pictures and that beautiful shawl and know it was all worth it. Gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

It is very beautitul. I love the way it fits you. I would wear it for Easter. I have been doing the same with mine, I will get it going one of these days....too many wips laying around.

7:25 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Gorgeous! Wear it every chance you get! :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Ina said...

Absolutely magnificent! And just in time to flaunt, er, wear incessantly.

10:40 AM  
Blogger Elaine said...

Wow - stunning!
I'm working on my first shawl [Icarus from Interweave knits] and I really hope it turns out as pretty :)

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home