Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Retreat


Yes, I'm still here. I went to a scrapbook retreat a couple of weekends ago and it really threw me for a loop. I've never really been into scrapbooking (although I do own a good deal of scrapbooking stuff plus two empty albums...) but I have done my share of cardmaking in the past. A coworker invited me along to a weekend retreat up north, so I figured I would get out of town for awhile. Plus, who can resist an entire weekend of crafting?

There were 12 people total: 11 women, 1 man. Aside from eating, everyone was working on stuff the whole weekend. I scrapbooked all of the Christmas photo cards I had from 2003, 2004, and 2006. 2005 and anything prior to 2003 is still at my unsold condo 275 miles away along with all of my paper crafting supplies. I made my pages in no time, then worked on Ariann a great deal and worked on a snowman cross stitch.

The first night my friend's cell phone had low battery and was beeping every 10 minutes or so while I was trying to sleep (I didn't know exactly where it was coming from until the next morning.). There were 5 of us sleeping in the room and only 2 of us heard it. Eventually I gave up and went and slept on the couch. Keep in mind I was excited to sleep in a real bed at the retreat instead of the air mattress I've been sleeping on for the past 6 months!

Anyway! (Anybody still reading?) I was so tired on Saturday I messed up my Ariann and basically just cross stitched for the rest of the weekend because knitting required too much thinking for my tired brain.

I was so burned out on crafting that I didn't do anything for AN ENTIRE WEEK! I finally got back at the knitting on Sunday.

So it seems as though I am going to become a scrapbooker. Once I am reunited with all my belongings, I plan on finally working on my Disney trip from 2003 and my wedding album from 2004. I haven't hooked up with any knitters here yet, but it seems that there are plenty of opportunities for me to be a social scrapbooker. Two coworkers and I are planning on going to an Archiver's scrapmania sometime next month, and if I get invited to another retreat, I'll sign up in a heartbeat. I learned that scrapbooking does not need to be the crazy, over the top pages you see in magazines. Don't stress, just get it done.
ETA: photos

1 Comments:

Blogger Kathy Kathy Kathy said...

I hear you on the phone beeping thing. Would have driven me insane. What a drag that you had to sleep on the couch. Still beats an air mattress, though. I'm scared of scrapbooking. It has too much stuff. You are an intrepid craftonaut, mixing media, willing to allow pictures of yourself to be preserved, clinging to a glue stick on a sea of acid-free papers. Don't tell me that you also crochet? That's two letters away from crotchety. I know. Don't ask how. (really just kidding. Crocheting is good.)

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home